If you experience a dental emergency, be sure to call Hennessey Family Dentistry as soon as possible. If you need immediate attention after hours, call our emergency phone number and our on-call staff member will help you. If you are unable to reach our office during an emergency, dial 911.
Many times, we are able to fit emergencies in the same day the accident happens, and we make the utmost effort to get you out of discomfort or fix the problem as soon as possible. Dr. Hennessey and our team have years of experience treating all dental emergencies, including abscesses, broken teeth, and facial trauma.
While dental emergencies are rare, they can happen, and it's important to know how to take care of your teeth no matter what. The most common dental emergencies seen at our Lynnwood dental office include:
- Bitten lip or tongue: Put pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding, and put some Orajel™ on the sore spot. You can also take ibuprofen or Tylenol before coming into the office to be evaluated.
- Object caught in teeth: Try to floss it out or swish with mouthwash. If it won’t dislodge, contact our office.
- Broken, chipped, or fractured tooth: If you experience pain, take Tylenol or ibuprofen. Call the office as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
- Toothache: Take some pain medicine and call the office as soon as possible. Also, take note of any swelling.
- Knocked-out tooth: Put the tooth in Gatorade (ideally) or water and come straight to the office, since time is of the essence when dealing with a knocked-out tooth. Ideally, you should be seen within an hour of the tooth being knocked out. Call when you're on the way.
- Broken jaw: Call our office and we will direct you to either the closest oral surgeon, or potentially the nearest ER.
Dr. Hennessey and our Lynnwoon, WA dental team are here to help you, any time, any day. When your dental health is at risk, we will do everything we can to make sure that you're treated as soon as possible.